Robert Half International Controller in Houston, Texas
A growing technology company located south of Downtown is looking for a Controller due to promotion. The Controller will be responsible for oversight of accounting and reporting activities.
• Own and direct the company’s entire accounting operation, including establishing and enforcing policies, procedures, and controls
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards as well as regulatory, federal, state and local tax requirements. Ensure appropriate level of compliance by studying existing and new legislations; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
• Help leadership team in its risk assessment process by formalizing key business processes and establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep others abreast of the company’s financial status.
• Contribute to budgeting and forecasting and provide intelligence around variances to plan.
• Build and manage a team to conduct the company’s accounting function.
• Preparing and filing state sales and use tax returns, foreign jurisdiction VAT and similar tax filings and recoveries.
The ideal candidate will have a BBA in Accounting, CPA or MBA highly desired, and 10+ years of progressive experience, with at least 6+ years in a leadership role. Experience in the technology sector is a plus.
Compensation is up to 140K plus bonus and excellent benefits
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf
Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Excellent attention to detail
Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
General ledger experience
Comprehensive knowledge of Month-end Close Activities
Deep understanding of Annual Budget
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.