Robert Half International Assistant Controller in BROOKLYN, New York
Brooklyn based non profit organization is hiring an Assistant Controller to their team. The position reports into their VP And Controller.
The Assistant Controller plays a key role in the day-to-day management of the accounting functions of the organization, including monthly reconciliation and closing of financial records. The Assistant Controller also directly oversees the accounts payable and general ledger functions.
Please send resumes directly to saravana.velayutham@roberthalf
If you are already working with one of my Permanent Placement colleagues in the Tristate area, please reach out to them about this position quoting Job Reference number: 02940-0011772208
• Supervise the general accounting functions using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to record revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities, and report financial activities (review of journal entries, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and analyses).
• Supervise the preparation of monthly investment schedules including the review of related journal entries. Ensure that monthly brokerage statements reconcile to internal accounting records.
• Oversee preparation of annual investment summaries detailing investment purchases, sales, interest, dividends, realized and unrealized gains.
• Ensure the completeness and accuracy of monthly general ledger reconciliations, including bank reconciliation, and analyses
• Supervise the reconciliation of all contributions and pledge receivables.
• Monitor annual Fundraising Gala revenues and expenses; prepare reports for Management and Board.
• Prepare quarterly financial statements and other reports for the Finance and Audit Committees.
• Coordinate the preparation of reports to various funding agencies (NYC and NYS).
• Direct staff workflow, ensuring that transactions are processed accurately and timely and accrued expenses are recorded as necessary.
• Ensure timely and accurate payment of all expenditures, including reimbursement of employee expenses.
• Prepare schedules for the annual audits and IRS Form 990.
• Support the Controller in managing the day-to-day activities of the department, and cross-functional project.
• 5+ Non Profit Accounting Experience, potentially would look at straight Public if they have audited nonprofit organizations
• Team Leadership experience – position manages 5
• Investment/Endowment Experience+
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.